Thursday 26 June 2014

Athletic Therapist Spotlight - Nicole Lemke

Name: Nicole Lemke

Job: Athletic Therapist for Football Alberta

Education background: Bachelor of Physical Education from the University of Alberta, Advanced Certificate in Athletic Therapy from Mount Royal College and a Master of Science from the University of Alberta.  

What is your typical day: My typical day on the road with Football Alberta's U18 provincial team involves per-practice preparations, sideline coverage in the event of an injury and treatment time in a host clinic.  

What is your favourite part of your job: The favorite part of my job is always game day.  Being part of the team and sharing in their pre-game anxieties and post-game reactions.  

Why did you become an AT: I became an AT because I enjoy sports.  I was an active high school athlete and this gave me a great opportunity to stay involved in sport.  

What is the highlight of your career: Football Alberta takes a team to Maui, Hawaii each summer.  I have gone 8 times! It's a beautiful location and there's a lot to be said for working on a sideline that overlooks the ocean. 

Follow us on Twitter @EliteInjuryMgmt and check out our website www.eliteinjury.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment